Last updated: July 17, 2020
Please read this Policy carefully before using our website or providing information to us. By using our website or providing information to us, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our collection, use, and disclosure of information as described below. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, you may choose not to use the website or provide us with requested information. Your use of our website is also subject to our terms and conditions and any other agreements we may have with you or your company.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to contact you. SENS is a business-to-business company and, as such, the personal information we collect from website users is typically limited to the types of information reflected on a business card—name, address, email address, phone number, employer, and position. Specifically, the types of personal information we may collect can be grouped as follows:
- Contact information – name, email address, address, telephone number, and (in certain circumstances) company name or customer account number.
- Employment information – name of your employer and position/title at your employer.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you have requested or received from us, your receipt of promotional communications from us, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Transactional information – details about orders you have placed and purchases you have made, product-related issues you may have experienced (including customer service inquiries), and payments received from you.
- Communications information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us, including through email, calls, and features available on our website.
- Website usage information – details regarding how and when you use our website, including the device used to connect to our website, your IP address, the frequency and duration of your visits, and information about your interaction with our website, information regarding your account profile on the website (including username and email address), and any information downloaded from our Download Center.
We collect this information from you when you fill out forms on our website, subscribe to receive promotional communications from us, download information from our website, communicate with us (including by email, phone, through our website, and otherwise), create a profile on our website, purchase products from us, transact business with us, or otherwise provide information to us.
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, we use various technologies to automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or, if you connect through a mobile device, your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership. We may also use pixels to track visitors. You can opt out of pixels by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or adjusting cookie consent options on our website to not accept marketing cookies.
- Analytics. Our website may also use third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners. We use analytics data for a variety of purposes, including to analyze use of our website and improve its design and content.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your orders, provide you with the purchased products, and process payments for such purchases;
- To provide customer support services, and to verify, investigate, and respond to any issues or requests you may make regarding our products;
- To communicate with you and provide you with information you have requested and to notify you of information relating to the products you purchased;
- To register you to receive promotional and informational communications from us, provide you with such communications, track your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes;
- To respond to inquiries from you regarding our business or services;
- To optimize your experience on our website and ensure that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To notify you about changes to our website, including material changes to this Policy; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Disclosure Of Your Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide services to you, or that assist us in improving our business operations and services.
- Our marketing vendors that may assist us with lead generation and marketing to potential clients.
- Website analytics vendors in order to understand our website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new clients.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Choices About Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. When you are signed into your user account on our website, you may choose to delete your account. Doing so will remove any information about you in our website registration system. Likewise, to the extent we ever send you promotional emails, you can stop receiving those emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. We endeavor to promptly process any unsubscribe requests. You can also choose not to provide us with information requested through our website, which may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website (such as our Download Center) or receive certain information about our business and services (such as technical drawings and CAD files).
Links To Third-Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. These websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. While we make efforts to choose the links on our website carefully, we cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Protection Of Your Information
We understand the importance of safeguarding your information and take appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware, however, that no security measures or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
SENS is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us will reside on servers in the United States. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country.
GDPR And EEA Residents’ Rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a privacy law that affords certain rights relating to the personal information of individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you are located in the EEA, you may request that we identify whether we are processing your personal information, our purposes in doing so, how your personal information was obtained (if you did not provide it to us directly), who it may have been shared with, and how long it will be retained. Further, you have the right to request your personal information be corrected if it is inaccurate and, in certain circumstances, may ask that it be erased and withdraw your consent or object to further processing. Finally, subject to certain limitations, and when feasible, you may request a copy of your personal information or that it be transferred to another entity. You will not typically need to pay a fee to exercise any of these rights. But we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Subject to exceptions, if you wish to exercise one of the rights identified above with regard to personal information subject to this Policy, you may do so by submitting a written request using the Contact Webmaster form at the bottom of our Privacy website page. This is normally free, unless this process is unduly difficult or is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to respond. Once we have received your request, we will review it and contact you within 30 days of our receipt of your request, but we will notify you of any delay and, in any event, will reply within three (3) months. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights).
Lastly, if you are located in the EEA and have a concern about our processing of your data, you may have the right to make a complaint to the appropriate data protection authority in the EEA.
Additional Information Regarding Processing Under The GDPR
For personal information subject to GDPR, SENS acts as a “controller.” Most of the time, our lawful basis for processing your information under the GDPR will either be to (1) perform a contractual obligation with you, (2) fulfill legitimate business interests (such as marketing, ensuring the safety, security, and functionality of the Services, and continuing to develop our offerings), (3) comply with a legal obligation, or (4) conduct processing to which you have specifically consented.
For example, we need to process your personal information in order to provide you with the products you have purchased. In that circumstance, our lawful basis for the processing of your personal information is to perform our contractual obligations to you. Likewise, it may be necessary to our legitimate business interests of growing and continuing our services to use your personal information in order to communicate with you regarding the products you have purchased and other products that we believe may be of interest.
As indicated previously, your personal information may be transferred to our servers in the United States. The United States has not received an “adequacy finding” from the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR. SENS relies on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. SENS collects and transfers personal information to the U.S. only with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest that does not outweigh your rights or freedoms. We endeavor to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to use it only consistent with your relationship with us and the practices described in this Policy. SENS will enter into data processing agreements with its vendors when feasible and appropriate.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13.
Please note that SENS does not honor “Do Not Track” signals and such signals will not impact the operation of our website.
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. We will post changes here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at:
Stored Energy Systems, a Limited Liability Company
1840 Industrial Circle
Longmont, CO 80501
Contact Webmaster form
© 2013, Stored Energy Systems LLC., All Rights Reserved